10kg bale of dust-free meadow hay
Out of stock
Hay, the benchmark feed for rabbits
Raw material for animal feed
Did you know that there’s a food that our rabbits can eat as much as they like, that doesn’t make them put on weight, but, on the contrary, is essential to their health, maintains their teeth and contributes to better digestion? Well, it’s rabbit hay!
Every day, your rabbit should consume the equivalent of its body volume in hay. It should be offered to him as much as he wants, and left at his disposal at all times. What’s more, you’ll soon see that this isn’t just good for his body: looking for the best strand, the one that crunches perfectly under the tooth, that smells better than the others… it’s a healthy activity that will keep your rabbit busy for hours on end!
Rabbits World has several models of rabbit racks for sale. You can opt for a rack that comes with its own tray.
There are also more decorative models, such as the Romarin hay rack, which is a big hit in our boutique.
French hay, dust-free and low in calcium
This rabbit hay is harvested with the utmost care. In fact, instead of being dried in the meadow, this hay, once harvested, is dried for several weeks in a barn, to reduce the impact of the weather on the quality of the hay. Although free of pesticides, this rabbit hay does not qualify for the organic label. It has several major advantages :
- It is a meadow hay for rabbits that is dust-free to minimize pathologies linked to the rabbit’s respiratory system: inflammation or obstruction of the deep respiratory tract resulting in coughing or mucus secretion.
- Meadow hay for rabbits is very low in calcium, at 5g/kg dry matter.
- This dust-free meadow hay for rabbits has regular strands and is produced from Normandy meadows within the framework of sustainable agriculture.
- This dusted prairie hay for rabbits is composed of grasses and legumes, based on ryegrass and red clover. Guaranteed alfalfa-free.
- Dusted prairie hay for rabbits is high in fiber.
This hay is therefore recommended for adult rabbits (growth complete), and for rabbits suffering from respiratory problems or kidney stones. It’s even advisable to mix hays to diversify your long-eared friend’s nutritional intake. Not sure what to choose? Try our discovery box, which will help your little companion choose from all our hay varieties!
Composition : grasses, legumes, Ray grass and red clover base (guaranteed alfalfa-free)
Analytical composition :
- Calcium: 5g/kg dry matter
- Protein: 3g/kg dry matter
Packaging: 10kg airtight bag
Vivienne’s verdict: be careful with this batch, the strands are cut shorter. As last summer was dry, the strands crumble more easily, giving a dustier appearance. I prefer to warn you before buying. However, it currently remains the favorite hay for my 7 rabbits. 🙂
Rabbits World Nutriscore: As hay is the rabbit’s staple diet, it can and should be fed as much as the rabbit wants.
|Dimensions||60 × 42 × 25 cm|
|Poids net||10000 g|
|Dimensions du produit||40 x 58 x 22 cm|